Special Education Community
Advisory Committee (CAC)
The Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a collaborative partnership comprised of parents of children with special needs, parents of general education students,
educators, and community agencies working together to support activities on behalf of students with special needs.
The CAC schedules five meetings a year where our parent and community members are welcome
to participate. Approximately 30 minutes of the meeting is set aside for CAC business followed by
a parent training or presentation.
Responsibilities of the CAC include advising the Board of Trustees and District special education administrative staff on the local plan for special education, along with presenting annual priorities for special education to the Board.
- Provide special education
information to families
- Participate in statewide events such as Legislation Day
- Participate in workshops related to special needs
- Attend quarterly meetings open to the public
- Act as resource person to the community
- Function as liaisons between agencies and families
- Develop parent informational literature
- Provide input to the Special Education Local Plan
CAC Schedule 2020-2021
- September 17, 2020 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- November 19, 2020 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- February 11, 2021 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- April 8, 2021 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
- May 20, 2021 (6:00pm-8:00pm)